I found this recipe on Pinterest – from the blog Food Faith Fitness . I about died once I tasted the final product.
Lasagna? yes. Pizza? yes. No guilt? oh my goodness, yes.
- 3 Large zucchinis
- 1 lb Ground 99% fat-free Turkey
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1½ Tbsps Fresh garlic, diced
- 1 14 oz Jar of pizza sauce
- 1 15 oz Container of light or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 oz Reduced Fat Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- *1 Egg
- 2 Tbsps Parmesan Cheese
- 48 Turkey Pepperoni slices
- ½ Large green pepper, chopped
- ¼ Cup sliced olives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into thin slices using a Mandoline slicer
- Lay sliced zucchini out flat onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt
- Bake Zucchini for 10-15 minutes, until just lightly beginning to brown (the goal is to get most of the moisture out). Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat. Add ground turkey, diced onion, diced garlic, 1 tsp of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and the turkey is browned.
- Meanwhile, beat together ricotta cheese, egg* and another pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- Once the turkey is done, it’s time to layer the lasagna!
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start by pouring half the jar of pizza sauce on the bottom, followed by half the turkey, then layer half the zucchini noodles, half the ricotta mixture, half the pepperoni slices,and finish with half the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- Add the chopped pepper and olives on top of the last layer of mozzarella. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Turn the oven up to 375 and cover the lasagna with tin foil.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler up to HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
*I forgot to add the egg when I made this recipe and it turned out delicious anyway; I really don’t think it’s necessary. If you decide to leave out the egg, just layer the ricotta cheese by itself – do not mix.
Yield: 8 servings
Stores great in the fridge – perfect for leftovers or meal prepping!
Nutrition Facts (1 serving, no egg):
325 Calories – 18g Fat, 12g Carb, 38g Protein, 3g Fiber